Whenever I am in line at the grocery store, I immediately pick up US Weekly.
While I love being current on celebrity gossip, the reason I pick up this specific magazine is because I flip to one particular feature: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me.
I stinking LOVE finding out about seemingly insignificant minutia about different people. I think it is positively fascinating. So I am going to give you my “25 Things.” I would LOVE for other bloggers to follow! If you are just a reader, feel free to share your interesting facts in the comments!
25 Thing You Don’t Know About Me:
1) I love fake maple syrup with all my heart. Before going Paleo, I used to make pancakes for Chase JUST so I could lick the plate. (No joke, I lick the plate). I was one of those people who had a side of pancakes with my syrup.
2) In first grade we had to choose a word to spell that would be our special accomplishment. I picked “chrysanthemum” because I wanted to be Anne Shirley SO bad. I learned how to spell it backwards–I wanted to be prepared for anything.
3) I was in a serious Big Wheel accident when I was four and had to wear an eye patch for a week. I was tough. It had a great little ducky band aid on it for decoration. Me = Budding Fashionista
4) I take really quick showers because I don’t like being wet. My average is about 3 minutes. My college roommate and I used to have “quickest shower” competitions on crew trips. She beat me by 15 seconds.
5) I love books. When I get stressed or overwhelmed I just go to a bookshelf and look through hundreds of books and feel remarkably better. We have a million books in out tiny apartment.
6) Outer Space makes me grumpy. I hate talking about it, watching movies about it, or reading about it.
7) I played soccer from age 5 to 17 and then quit cold turkey to run cross country. I didn’t touch a soccer ball for 5 years. I have no idea why.
8) I love really bad reality television: Real Housewives of Orange County (New York, Beverly Hills, and Atlanta are amazing, as well), Two-a-Days, The Hills, True Life, MTV Fat Camp (so bad but so good), and I own all seasons of Laguna Beach.
9) I watch Sister Sister and Full House every day. I am officially five-years old.
10) We used to have a placemat with a map of the USA and all the capitals. When I was 8, I would bring it with me in the car so I could memorize it. I love capitals.
11) I love hot tea, but not iced tea. I have been trying to acquire a taste for iced tea. Southern Sweet tea is definitely growing on me!
12) My favorite movie is the 6 hour A&E Pride and Prejudice.
13) I want to qualify to run the Boston Marathon before I am 28 (hopefully 2 years is enough time…).
14) During a high-school regatta we got stuck out on the water for three hours. In a very un-Sally-like manner I peed off the side of the boat. Bad. Decision.
15) I have always loved climbing trees. My cousin Samuel and I found the two best pine trees at Goosie’s house. However, the sap was problematic.
16) I always dreamed I would be older when I got married. I was 22.
17) I am still terrified of robbers. I make Chase put the baseball bat by the side of the bed every night.
18) Williams-Sonoma makes me happy. This is the Williamsburg store I would visit whenever I was stressed out during college. It reminded me that life goes on!
19) I miss horses. Philadelphia has no horses.
20) My stress level is directly proportional to how much I bake. Chase had a very sugary Fall of 2009 and 2010. He also gained 35 lbs his first year of being married to me. Ooops!
21) I want to own a Great Dane and name it Darcy.
22) I collect tea cups.
23) I run 8-10 miles a day. I am addicted and I think I may be running away from the stress in my life. Who knows?
24) I have horrible taste in music. My ipod song collection is super special.
25) I LOVE LOVE LOVE magazines. The more superfluous the better: US Weekly, People, Men’s Health (no lie), OK, Self, etc. The problem is that my husband gets all these super smart magazines. I always hide mine under his when company comes.
So, what are your 25 Things?! I am dying to know!