Even though it has been almost 3 weeks since I got a cold/upper respiratory infection, I still have not been able to shake it. My nose is still stuffy and my head still feels all balloon-like! Consequently, I have been trying to get extra Vitamin C. Did you know that onions are GREAT sources of Vitamin C?! Plus, I can actually taste them with my stuffy nose = Double Win!
So I caramelized some onions and sauteed up some chicken, topped it all off with diced avocado and had a nourishing and healthy dinner! YUM!
Here is a picture tutorial of my Vitamin C Chicken and Onions (and avocado!) :
Olive Oil + Salt and Pepper
2 cups chopped onion
1-2 lbs chicken tenders ( I like the tenders because they cook quicker!)
1) Heat 1tbsp oil and onions over medium heat:
2) Add 1/2 tsp pepper and a couple dashed of salt and saute for 15 minutes (I add 1 tsp of sugar to aid in caramelization)
3) Add chicken and continue cooking for 15 -20 more minutes
4) Once the chicken is done cooking and the onions have cooked down, plate and serve plain, over a bed of greens, and I suggest topping it with avocado!
This was pre-avocado topping. Um, the avocado was AMAZING on top!
Dessert: Paleo Chocolate Chip Mousse
I have been storing a can of coconut milk in my fridge because I heard that if you chill it for at least 24 hours, you can whip it into cream. So that is what I did!
I took one of these:
1) I whipped this up in my Kitchen aid mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed until stiff peaks formed:
2) I then melted 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave on medium power
I then poured the melted chocolate into the coconut cream and it turned into a delicious chocolate chip mousse
This was SO yummy! I have stored the leftovers in the freezer and I curious if it will taste like ice cream later…YUM!