The amazing Erica tagged me in her “11 Things” Post! Thanks, darling!
Here are the Rules:
#1: You must post these rules.
#2: Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Here are my 11 Things:
1) My favorite (and somewhat odd) food combination is cold chicken or turkey with ketchup. Love it. Ketchup is my most favorite condiment ever.
2) In shopping for a house, the most important thing to me is a sunroom—so stinking impractical, but true! I am going to have it look exactly like this:
3) Tulips are my favorite flower. I love them with all of my heart.
4) I have a mild celebrity gossip addiction. I can literally tell you everything about every current celebrity. I. don’t. know. Why. For some reason they just fascinate me.
5) I really want to want to run another marathon. I love half marathons and I feel like I could love running marathons; however, my last one was so stinking painful and such a time commitment. I am trying to talk myself into the Marine Corp…
6) I am obsessed with gingham. I love it! I really want gingham curtains or a gingham chair. Love it!
7) My first kiss was when I was 16 and it was SO awkward. I decided that I was going to be a hugger for life. Hugging was MUCH better.
8) Despite growing up in Kentucky, I do not have a Southern accent. I very deliberately tried not to get an accent, but now I TOTALLY wish I had a Southern drawl a la Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama. Chase wishes it, too!
9) Whenever I get super stressed out I visit Tastespotting and go on a hunt for recipes. Baking soothes me so it is a pretty good system.
10) I have read almost every single book by L.M. Montgomery excepting a bunch of the Anne of Green Gable series. Strange, but true. I watched the movies so often when I was little that I became uninterested in reading the same tales. However, the 20 other books and series written by L.M. Montgomery that I have read are delightful!
Did anyone else have a GIGANTIC crush on Gilbert Blythe? I was fully prepared to marry him.
11) I am scared of the dentist. I used to brush my teeth too often and too hard so now I have receding gums. I am always terrified that the dentist will be sad at me because of this. Yes, am one of those super guilty/conscientious people.
And here are the answers to Erica’s Questions:
#1: What is your dream vacation locale?
I hate this question. I want to go everywhere! My “dream dream” location would probably be England. I adore Victorian literature and given my literature background—I feel like a fraud! I am dying to go to Hilltop, where Beatrix Potter lived. If you have not seen the movie Miss Potter with Renee Zellweger, you MUST!
#2: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Pride and Prejudice—the A&E version which is a deliciously long 6 hours of endless amazingness. I am totally smitten with Colin Firth.
#3: If you could have lunch with any person – dead or alive – who would it be?
I once had to create a 15 minute “Charla” (a conversation entirely in Spanish) about this topic. I believe Lil Bow Wow, Nick Carter, and Jesus were on the list…but that was high school. Now, I think I would have to pick Kimberly Williams Paisley. She has been a “Friend in my head” since I first saw Father of the Bride. For some reason I feel like we could be BFF’s. She is just so nice!
#4: If you weren’t working in the career field you’re in now, what other occupation would you enjoy?
Chase and I are dying to become Bed and Breakfast owners. He loves chatting with anyone and everyone and I LOVE baking fun breakfasts and “tea time” yummies. I think it would be a blast!
#5: Dog person or cat person?
Dog person. All. The. Way. It is not a coincidence that dog is God spelled backwards. I firmly believe that there will be many dogs in heaven.
#6: What’s one big change you foresee in your life in the next 5 years?
This is a tie between:
Babies (2…no more, no less):
#7: What’s your favorite way to get in a workout? (A long gym session, walking the dog, 3 15-minute sessions throughout the day, etc.)
A treadmill run…anywhere from 6-10 miles…watching ridiculous reality television.
#8: What’s the last good book you read?
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. It was brilliant, breathtaking, and devastating.
#9: Are you a sports fanatic?
I am not; however, I really want to be! I do, however, memorize the St. Louis Cardinal line-up each season. It is my wifely duty.
#10: What’s your favorite “special” breakfast? (When you have extra time to prepare something or go out to eat.)
An omelet with caramelized onions and basil—yummmy!
#11: Did you play any sports growing up?
I tried to play basketball for 3 years, but it just wasn’t meant to be. I played soccer for 12 years. I also ran cross country. I rowed for 6 years in high school and college. think running was my favorite, but I would do all of them again in a heartbeat!
Ok, and here are my questions:
1. What is your favorite meal?
2. How many times have you been in love?
3. What is your Starbuck’s order?
4. Action/Comedy/Drama/ or Romantic Comedy?
5. What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid?
6. Have you ever received an “F?”
7. If you could have three house in three different states, where would you pick?
8. What is your favorite phone app?
9. What TV show/movie/music are you a little embarrassed to admit that you like?
10. What four items are always on your grocery list?
11. What is your favorite dessert?
I am tagging EVERYONE and ANYONE! I love knowing more about people, so if you have a blog–please post! And if you don’t, you can give your answers in the comments!